The ownership and copyright of this article belongs to the original writer and this is just a translated version, only for sharing.
Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition
作者:Lisa A. Pierson, DVM
Diet is the brick and mortar of health.
This web page lays out some often-ignored principles of feline nutrition and explains why cats have a better chance at optimal health if they are fed a quality canned food diet instead of dry kibble.
Putting a little thought into what you feed your cat(s) can pay big dividends over their lifetime and very possibly help them avoid serious, painful, and costly illnesses.
An increasing number of American Veterinary Medical Association members, including board-certified veterinary internists, are now strongly recommending the feeding of canned food instead of dry kibble.
The three key negative issues associated with dry food are:
1) 蛋白質類型-太多植物性的蛋白質 type of protein - too high in plant-based versus animal-based proteins
2) 碳水化合物含量太高 carbohydrate load is too high
3) 含水量太低 water content is too low
• 但是我的貓咪吃乾乾沒事啊!But my cat is "fine" on dry food!
• 相較於植物性蛋白,動物性蛋白質的重要性The importance of animal proteins, versus plant proteins
• 乾乾內碳水化合物的問題Problems with carbohydrates in dry cat foods
• 貓咪需要食物中有水-這是這整個文章最重要的部分Cats need water with their food - This is one of the most important sections in this handout.
• 閱讀寵物食品的原料標籤Reading a pet food ingredient label
• 與乾乾有關的常見疾病Common medical problems associated with dry food
• 乾乾的安全性The safety of dry food
• 換糧的小撇步-讓嗜乾乾成癮的貓大王吃罐罐Tips for Transitioning - Getting dry food addicts to eat canned food
• 自家製作的生/半生飲食Home prepared raw - or semi-cooked - diets
• 最後的一些想法/我如何餵時我的貓咪Some final thoughts/What I feed to my own cats